Monday, November 4, 2013

Put Your Wingsuit On

1.  Worst Restaurant Name

Yep. We ate at "The Rim" and then Phish proceeded to sing about "Shaft" and "Bush." You figure it out....



However unfortunate the name.. they did make a mean bowl of soup..



Minced shrimp and pork dumplings.. if you are only going to eat one meal a day pre-show..I highly suggest it.

 2. Worst Floor Name

Not sure why you'd ever want to get off on the "cluster fuck" floor.. but surprisingly, when we did by accident.. there was cool shit happening there. Perhaps it's because everyone was turned off by the button...



3. Worst Premonition of the Run


As someone who was calling "Thriller" all Fall long... I took this as a positive sign it was "all happening." I was wrong. But that's probably for the best. I mean, do you really want to hear Trey try to sing "Baby Be Mine?" 



Ironically, that jackpot corresponds to the amount of times I've listened to "Wombat" since I got home... and counting...



Finishing as a close runner up... this premonition also proved misleading. They'll dust it off one of these days! Maybe...


4. Best Seats of the Run




Friday night.. ended up maybe 3 rows back. Closest I've been for a GA show since probably the Clifford Ball.. it was worth the wait. Whole different world up there. Somehow, you actually have dancing room! That somehow is because when dudes try to crash the space, other dudes physically grab them and toss them to the side (Sorry brah in the plastic yellow shades!) The trick to keeping your space... as always.. keep on dancing... 




 5. Best Group Costume of Halloween



I didn't see everyone, but this group took the cake in my book... they spared no expense too. Legit uniforms, and I even saw the dude pissing in a sink in the bathroom, Tom Hanks style. And yes, in case you are wondering.. there's no crying at a Phish show... unless you are Mr. Miner during that Twist jam...


6. Best Individual Costume of Halloween

Lots of great costumes once again. Lots of creativity, but I mean..  this girl brought out the electronics and shit! And it worked! Note the awesome commentary by yours truly..




7. Best Dancer of the Run

I did my best to take the mantle... breaking out all sorts of new moves I polished on couch tour... but try as I might I could not wrest the crown from this guy...




And in case you're wondering.. this whole Phish apperance is already doing wonders to revitalize Vigoda's career! Do I smell a Fish TV show remake?


WGN Video: Abe Vigoda on wearing wombat suit at ‘Phish’ concert, ‘Godfather’ memories



8. Best Improvised Head Gear of the Run


I actually bought my first baseball cap since Junior High on the way down to AC, after going to a Champs Sports in CT only to find they didn't sell the Sox Championship T's. And even though I finally found one that fit (size 8 for those of you scoring at home..yep, I know, it's huge)... I found that these fit me a little better...




In case you can't make it out.. yes, those are panties. And yes, they read: PARTY ANIMAL.






9. Best Julius of the Run

Actually..vote for your favorite below..but I think we all know who's winning this one...


A) Caesar
 Taken at his palace.. though I don't think he actually stayed there....

B) Erving


Taken at "The White House Sub Shop".. home of the amazing Chicken Parm breakfast sub...


C) The Wombat


Cuddly..but muscular..

10. Top 10 Quotes of the Run

And last but not least... the list within a list.. whoa. I think I just blew my own mind there...


10. "Phish fans are the nicest people in the United States."
-Our cabbie on the way to Boardwalk Hall

9. "I don't know about other people, but Atlantic City is my own slice of personal paradise"
-Michael


8. Saw: A little extra mustard on that Sample...
Millertime: Yeah, but it's still a hot dog


7. Saw: Did that Ghost>Carini do anything for ya?
Michael: I'm human ain't I? 

(although, that is debatable after this run...)

6."Tell Mike it was only business. I always liked him."
 -Abe Vigoda
(Don Gordleone.. taking care of business)

5. "This is going to be the best album ever"
-Me, upon reading the Phishbill pre-show, on Halloween

4."Hooters was the chillest scene we could find"
-Millertime

 (Yes, that's what happens when the Jersey Shore takes over The Trop post show)

3. "92 years old... and he dances his off.. in a Wombat suit."
-El Trey

2. "It's amazing what can go on under a bush when you've got your OG kush"
-El Trey


1. "Recapturing old magic is good. Creating new magic is better."
-Yours Truly

1 comment: