Monday, October 14, 2013

Win in the End

Before we get to the highlights... some mood music if you will..



1. 1st Hand Look

For those of us sitting in our PJ's on the couch.. this is what it felt like to be inside the chaos at Gilette.. and Fenway...  I was only slightly less roudy in my living room.. much to Julius' chagrin..





2. Let's See That One Again
.. in an instant replay. Tecmo bowl style


3. Workin' Overtime


It's not everyday that you get to work a detail at Fenway Park if you're a member of the BPD. It's not everyday you get to stand in the bullpen during said game. And it's not everyday you get an up close and personal look at one of the biggest sports moments in the history of the city. But when you do get that chance, you don't blow by going over and checking on an injured person tumbles to the ground in front of you. Especially if he plays for the other team. Well done, Det. Horgan.. well done.



Let's see that one again, in a GIF replay..




And while we're here.. It's always nice to revel in the other teams misery..




4.  Fenway Mugging


I think a judge would toss out any charges in this case..


Although it sounds like the suspect is quite a douche..


Update (1:57 a.m.): Yahoo! is reporting the guy was shouting racist remarks all night, including making a Trayvon Martin reference.



5. Quote(s) of the Night

From young Will Middlebrooks...

“It was like a movie,” Middlebrooks said. “I’m just speechless right now. That was the coolest thing I’ve ever been a part of. Unbelievable. I mean, I know I’ve said ‘unbelievable’ probably about 100 times. I’m numb.”


From old David Ross...

"I know it's old hat for Ortiz,'' catcher David Ross marveled, "but I'd be like a little schoolgirl running the bases if I would have done that.



6.  Call of the Day

All disrespect to Buck & McCarver... but yesterday was all about Scott Zolak in the announcer booth.

Unicorns!! Show Ponies!!!



7. Brady's Big Miss

As great as he was yesterday with the game on the line, Brady was far from perfect yesterday afternoon. But his biggest miss, came off the field... d'oh.


 You know what he was thinking... Damn, Wes never snubbed me like that.


8. Around the Way Girl

Somehow, Erin Andrews getting wet was not a good thing.. because it led to this unfortuante discovery...


9. 10th Man of the Day

If you thought the Fenway Faithful had a lil extra umph last night.. you were right. And it was all thanks to this guy right here..




10. Now, to the Pundits.

Ok, I guess we can let some of the old timers/professionals chime in...

Nurse Jackie puts it in perspective

As does The Shank

Rich Levine mancrushes on Brady & Papi

Even the New Yorker is getting in on the action.. well excooooozze me!

And yes.. even Ron "F-U Bill" Borges is getting on the bandwagon. You know its a good day when Borges has something nice to say about the Pats... and when the other team's defensive coordinator creates a new face for the sports pantheon... may I introduce to you.... Rob Ryan Face!



 Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

And I guess you can just call this the icing on the cake:

Rex saw the end of #Patriots game. “Yeah I saw it. That was a horrible day for the Ryan family."

No comments:

Post a Comment