Friday, May 24, 2013

Happy Birthday Bob (the other one)

Top 10 Bob Dylan Quotes


10. Look, when I started out, mainstream culture was Sinatra, Perry Como, Andy Williams, Sound of Music. There was no fitting into it then and of course, there's no fitting into it now.    
 
9. All I can do is be me, whoever that is.

8.  Being noticed can be a burden. Jesus got himself crucified because he got himself noticed. So I disappear a lot.

7. People today are still living off the table scraps of the sixties. They are still being passed around - the music and the ideas.

6. This land is your land and this land is my land, sure, but the world is run by those that never listen to music anyway.

5. I'm just glad to be feeling better. I really thought I'd be seeing Elvis soon.

4. I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours.

3. Here's the thing with me and the religious thing. This is the flat-out truth: I find the religiosity and philosophy in the music. I don't find it anywhere else.

2. If I wasn't Bob Dylan, I'd probably think that Bob Dylan has a lot of answers myself.

1. I accept chaos, I'm not sure whether it accepts me.










Honorable Mentions:
 
He not busy being born is busy dying.


You can't be happy by doing something groovy.


Just because you like my stuff doesn't mean I owe you anything.

Colleges are like old-age homes, except for the fact that more people die in colleges.

Folk music is a bunch of fat people.




No comments:

Post a Comment